Thanks to Ihuoma of Oma’s Serendipity for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award! I know it’s not a realllll award (even though I thought it was not too long ago lol) but it was such an honour to be recognised for my efforts so thank you!
There are a couple of rules that you have to follow once you accept your nomination so here it goes:
1. You have to thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog;
2. You have to write a post to show your award;
3. Give a brief story of how you started your blog;
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers;
5. Select 15 bloggers you want to give this award to; and
6. Comment on the blogs of these 15 bloggers and let them know that you have nominated them, providing a link to the post you created.
So I’ve technically done number one in the intro and number two is what you’re reading right now 🙂 So next is number three…
Why I started my blog
That can’t be answered in a few words haha, so to REALLY understand why I started blogging, have a read of my post from a couple of months ago ‘Why I started blogging…the start/stop history of an inconsistent writer’ 🙂
Advice to new bloggers
- Don’t force it – Your pieces should come naturally, be genuine and be a true reflection of you. If it’s forced, your readers will be able tell and will find it hard to relate to you.
- Build your network of bloggers – as I’ve said in a previous post, I’m a strong believer in the power of networking. By having that network of like-minded individuals, you’re able to share advice, resources, provide support, give each other insight and even set up great collaborations with each other. Why wouldn’t you want to network with your fellow bloggers? It can make such a huge difference to your work and your brand!
It’s not up to 15 guys, sooooo sorry! But know that anyone I’ve nominated below is there because I TRULY admire their content and they keep me coming back always! So here goes:
Thanks again for the nomination Ihuoma 🙂
Enjoy the blogs I’ve listed above and have a great day x